People should know that 53% of organizations are using content marketing as a component of their digital marketing strategies. If organizations are not using content marketing, then they are missing out on a valuable part of digital marketing which is key to bringing in leads interested in doing business with the organization.
Defining content marketing
According to experts from a top-notch digital marketing company based in Secaucus, New Jersey; content marketing is making & distributing top quality online material across various digital channels. They can be blog posts, videos, guides and the like.
This content is then used to be boosted online in order to raise consumer interest in a company’s products and services. It is also used as an essential way of boosting search engine optimization (SEO) to make it successful.
If any organization wishes to rank itself at the top of online search results, they need to make top-quality content that is in-depth and relevant to the business, industry and target audience.
It is important to know that not all material used for content marketing is sales oriented. It is designed to provide helpful information to the target audience, so they can learn more about the products & services. Ultimately, those who are interested contact the organization for more information.
For instance, when someone searches for the term ‘Ford Bronco’ then the results that come in are related to the car. But not all results are selling it, some are repair services, some provide information about it, some provide a link to a forum of Ford Taurus owners and the like.
If the search results had the Ford Motor Company present in it, then it is the company’s goal to inform users about Ford Bronco’s usage, maintenance, price, and other information.
With that being said, various kinds of content marketing can be used. This is dependent on the goals the organization has.
Types of content used in content marketing
When people think about content, the only thing that comes to mind is blogging. Blogging is itself an effective way to produce and share content but that is solely not the only form of content. Many other mediums fall under content marketing as well.
Here are the common kinds of content that drives results and is meant for use in business:
- Blogs: Blogs are a popular way to share information with the audience. When businesses create a blog, they write and post content regularly. It is one of the best ways to drive traffic to a website.
- Videos: As platforms like YouTube continue to be popular, videos rank topmost when it comes to making content. They are an effective way for businesses to conduct online marketing activities. In fact, video marketing is an excellent medium for sharing abundant information swiftly.
- E-books: E-books provide the audience with a lot of things they need to know. Even if it pertains to a certain topic, they can read and know about it with ease. The content written in them is in-depth which helps cover all aspects of the topic. It helps audiences obtain proper understanding as well. Organizations create e-books and offer them to their clientele in exchange for contact information.
- Infographics: Infographics are visual images presenting data & information in an easy to understand format. They have been (and still are) quite popular because it helps organizations present statistical facts in an easy manner to the layman.
- Website pages/SEO copy: website pages are crucial content pages as they are part of the website. This is also known as an SEO copy which includes the about us, pricing, product, contact us pages and the like.
- Webinars: Webinars are among the best opportunities an organization has to spread their knowledge and expertise with the audience. It allows organizations to share information with their target audience live on the internet (through video of course).
- Online Guides: Online guides are often written with a thorough analysis allowing the audience to have a deeper look into a topic. A lot of organizations today offer them as downloadable content in exchange for information. It provides the audience with a quick source of information on any topic.
- Long-form content: Long-form content gives the audience comprehensive information on any topic. They may not be as deep as online guides, but they do provide the audience with a lot of information in comparison to a normal blog post.
They are just a few of the various kinds of content organizations have at their disposal. In order to keep content fresh and lively, organizations will use these various formats to keep their audience engaged and the revenues flowing in as well.